Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sometimes ... pt II


Sometimes things just fall into place

Naturally

Just this week I completed a big project at work and it was met with instant email feedback of ‘Great job!’ from a manager. I was flabbergasted, my little project, my little website that I made up in MS Word is great and ready to be put into html and sent out live to the interwebs!? What! 

Yes

My coworker and I are starting a book club with another friend of hers – broadening our reading palates as well as honing on the comforts of the books we know we will love

Yes

Zumba (which I attempted on maternity leave) starts up again in August, with a meet n ‘greet a week beforehand. Rearranging my work schedule to attend 

Yes

Switching cell phone carriers and getting iPhones because a) it’s the 21st century and I swear we are the only 2 ppl on the planet w/out smartphones and b) (the best part), it is saving us money, as the upgrade and the plan overall is cheaper than what we pay now

Yes

Swimming in the pool this weekend surrounded by family as we celebrate our little 3 year old nephew
Yes
Spending a morning at work emailing back and forth with my Mom as we plan a little getaway for her birthday in August

Yes

Thinking about said getaway and possibly getting to meet one of my newest and dearest friends when we’re in town 

Yes

A little visit from my Mom next month, complete with 4 days off for me (and no vacation time being used)

Yes

A full lunch hour to sit outside at our picnic table and read my book, look up at the beautiful blue sky and then drive to pick up a cookie or a Frappuccino for dessert

Yes

6am nursing sessions with my sweet boy who starts asking questions the minute I pick him up from his crib. Pointing and asking ‘what’s that?’ before settling in for his morning milk

Yes

Fresh from the farmers market sautéed zucchini, caramelized carrots, and Israeli (or as I call it fat) cous-cous for dinner while cozied up on the couch with my husband watching Master Chef

Yes

Sometimes

Things fall into place 

All by themselves

And for this week – I am thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment