Today was my first day going to work WITHOUT my pump!
Whoah…hold the phone you said!?
Yep! I did it! And I don’t, at least as of 4:15pm feel engorged or even uncomfortable at
all!
In fact, LC and I practiced this weekend with only nursing
first thing in the morning and before bed if he wanted.
He didn’t seem to miss any nursings nor request them at any
point during the day, reinforcing the fact that yes, this is a mutually desired
thing we’ve got going on with this weaning J
So we’ve cut back to 1 or 2 nursings each day, while using
my frozen milk at daycare which equals 2 bottles a day still. So he’s getting
the nutrients which is good and only a bonus at this point. And is also chill
with cutting back on the weekends – double score!
It’s amazing how your body reacts! Towards the end of last
week I was texting my friend that I was willing LC to wake up at 4:21am to
relieve the intense hard boob I had going on with my massively overproducing
right side. And then, not 2 nights later, it was like the heavens heard me and
said ‘oh okay, you can stop producing 9 gazillion ounces of milk now, he only
needs like um 3 to 5 in the morning between BOTH sides J
Hallelujah!
So overall this whole weaning thing, complete with its
frantic emails to my Leche leaders and my incessant worry and emails and texts
to friends, and explanations to my parents, justifying this and that, um yeah,
it’s been a walk in the park.
Mainly because it HAS been truly a mutual thing between LC
and I, which let me tell you, I am FOREVER grateful for! My little man amazes
me with his zest for life, his laid back nature, and his willingness to try new
things so freely! No protesting or anything!
I’m telling you, this kid is not normal, but in the best of
all possible ways! I mean last night he ate spinach, tilapia, and corn for
dinner! All cooked and seasoned by J. And here I was thinking I was going to
eat my own dinner, little did I know, a little someone siddled up in his high
chair, and took bite after bite off of my fork J
And maybe it’s just because he’s my first baby, but does it ever get old
sharing your food with your son? It’s so neat, to see him eat adult food, drink
from a cup with a straw, smile, and share, dropping a piece of bread or a grain
or rice right in my hand during dinner.
My Momma heart smiles when I think about how easy and
natural he has made this transition into parenthood for both J and I.
We are blessed and lucky beyond our wildest dreams.
ps-the downside to not pumping = no dedicated blog time since I usually did it on my break. However, I have overcome that by using my breaktime to jot down blog posts in Word & then copy/paste them to blogger. Smart right! At least I feel better about it :) And can still blog b/c firing up the laptop when I get home is never on my mind!

No comments:
Post a Comment