Well, for the first time last night, I didn't offer to nurse LC before bedtime. After a couple of weeks of a distracted / biting / not really interested nursing session before bed, we finally decided, eh, I guess he's trying to tell us that he's over this one.
Granted, it may be because he gets his last bottle at daycare at around 5pm and by 7, after he's had his dinner, he just isn't hungry or in the mood for the milks.
Hey good news LC, we FINALLY got the message lol :)
I debated last night, as J sat him down in his crib and he cried a little (out of tiredness) of weather or not I should even offer - and J said 'you know what to do....no milk', I said 'but what if he's hunry!?' and he said 'we will never know without trying, so we need to just try this, worst case, he wakes up and wants to eat, absolute worst case, he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to eat', he hasn't done that since March when we finally got it through our brains that he needed more solid food.
And you know what - J sat him down in his crib and started reading to him, and I went out with my Grandma who was in town overnight, to pick out a birthday present.
I got a novel text from J about 10 minutes later saying that he finished the story, he was a little fussy, but he gave him his paci, put the seahorse on, and he went right to sleep, not one single peep!
Wow, there's no going back now!
I'm proud of him :) And now..we work backwards to diminish the milks....
I tweeted to one of my fellow mom friends, that I was a cross between wanting to cry and beaming with pride.
Today: I beam with pride at my little boy, as he gains his independence :)
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment