Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers day -- part II

Some families rise and shine, done their Sunday best, head to church, and then to a nice mothers day brunch or tea. Us ... we got up at 6:15, put our sweatpants and sneakers on, fed LC oatmeal with bananas, and were in the car by 7:40 on our way to Cracker Barrel (our fave) for a pancake breakfast - my fave! :)

It was pouring down rain, but we didn't care, we were cozy inside, clapping and throwing toys and sippy cups on the floor while we waited for our breakfast. When it came, LC ate almost an entire pancake and a bite of hashbrown casserole and broke his first plate :) We put a small one in front of him with his bits of pancake on it, and when he was done he was looking at it, and as he always does when he's finished, he dropped it on the floor lol. About 4 staff members came running saying it sounded worse than it was. Oh LC you and your exploration :)

But we had a great time nonetheless! I enjoyed almost 2 full cups of hot coffee and got lots of hugs and kisses from my sweet baby while we waited for our food and while J finished up his breakfast and I held LC :)

We played when we got home for a bit, and then at baout 9:50 LC went down for his nap .... another 3 HOUR nap! My little boy! He is growing!

I got some laundry done, showered, did some reading, and was all ready when he woke up at lunctime!

He had lunch and we all played some more while we waited for J's best buddy to come over and hang out with us!

He came over and (being a photographer by trade), took a TON of photos of LC - ones that I cannot WAIT to see! And some of our little family :)

After he left we fed LC dinner, J gave him a bath, he nursed, read Library Mouse & Friend, and then went to sleep - not a peep!

I swear things change on a dime with a baby. I spend a week trying to figure out why he is so distraught for an hour at bedtime, to why is he biting at his last nursing session off and on for a week or two, to all of the sudden, it stops, no idea why and no idea when it will happen, I guess that's what the call a 'phase' lol.

Either way, smooth sailing so far - a couple of cry outs for paci in the middle of the night last night but overall a good sleep and a happy baby this morning :)

And an amazing mothers day weekend! We even had mac n' cheese for dinner last night - not the healthiest most fancy meal, but it's my favorite meal! And I watched the series finale of Desperate Housewives, which while I was folding laundry at the same time, it was okay! And while I stopped watching after the 2nd season, I found myself back in the fold this season here and there!

Then it was book and bed for me.

On to conquer this week and if I make it, it will be a miracle, I'm SO anxious and ready for our vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment