Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Last night

My baby boy took an hour to go to sleep. We figured since he did so well on the weekend, it'd be smooth sailing this week. But no...he ate his dinner, fussed the whole time we put his pjs on, attempted to nurse which ended in some biting / not interested, put him in his crib, J read 3 books (all about road trips!), and turned on the musical glow seahorse (yes, we've gone back to an old favorite!), gave him kisses and said goodnight, sweet dreams.

He cried after a few minutes. As soon as I finished cleaning the bottles and pump parts (I despise doing this but know it is done out of love, but I like to get it done as close to first thing after he goes to bed as possible to just get it out of the way), I went in and (gasp) picked him up :) And tried to nurse him again. Same deal, didn't seem hungry, bit a little bit. Back in the crib, rubbed his belly and stroked his hair, told him it had been a long Monday and that sleep would help him feel better, just be calm.

He seemed okay, so I left.

We got through our dinner and then he cried out again, hm...

Maybe it's his teeth?

We gave him some ibuprofin and set him down in his crib again.

He was okay - for a few minutes.

Started crying again - this was about 9pm.

I went in and again, picked him up - "they" say not to do that, but I do anyway, because "they" say that you know your own baby best :)

I held him in my lap as he readjusted, his little head on my chest, his ear pressed in listening to the beat of my heart.

My warm, sleepy little baby, curled up vertically in my arms, little knees tucked under, warm pads of his feet slightly crossed.

His eyes closed, he sucked on his paci, and he fell asleep.

We rocked, I took a breath, I enjoyed the end of the day with my sweet baby. Thankful for the time to slow down, rock, and just relax for a few minutes before starting the race to my own bedtime.

Thank you LC, for helping your mamma to slow down when she didn't even realize that she needed to :)


No comments:

Post a Comment