Wow - let me just say that I am the luckiest mom in the world! Not only did I have an amazing mothers day itself, it was an amazing weekend!
LC had been having trouble going to sleep all week. We stayed on our little routine of bedtime at 7 but inevitably, every night, Monday through Thursday, he was crying and having trouble settling down, so much so that it took both of us to rock, nurse, read stories, rub belly, talk to him, and finally get him to fall asleep an hour later. So this past week - bedtime started at 7 and finally ended at 8 with a sleeping LC.
We don't know what the reasons were behind it - growing, teething, drooling, too light, etc. But you know what, after wracking our brains for a couple days, we just gave up and gave in - we stuck to the routine, deciding that if it showed consistency, like over a week, that we'd consider moving bedtime, because - as we've learned, watching his cues leads to the answer :)
Cue Friday night - I was worn out from working 6 days in a row, and really looking forward to a full weekend off, pizza, reading, and watching a movie with J. LC playtime and dinnertime and bedtime, whatever it ended up being was fine with me, because we always make the best of it no matter what!
LC must have sensed my tiredness and maybe he was just tired himself, but we came home, played, he ate his dinner, and then I nursed him (no biting! that was a first this week), and he was calm, serene, listened to his story from J, put his paci in, and went right to sleep! Not one single peep! I was shocked, amazed, and so so proud of our little baby boy!
I was able to read my book while we waited for our pizza (read: J went out and picked it up), we watched our dvd, and then went to bed by 10pm.
Saturday: 6:15 wake up call by our darling boy - as is his custom!
Sidebar: I don't mind the 6:15 wake up call - I like being up and greeting the day instead of sleeping in although don't get me wrong, sleeping in has its pluses!
We got up, played had breakfast, J went to get our car inspected for our upcoming trip, I drank my coffee and then it was time for LC's nap. He went down and then J came home with a reduced fat blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts - my FAVORITE! He slept for about an hour and a half, just long enough for me to shower, fold some laundry, and be ready for the day.
We ran some errands, and then came home for naps around 1. Well, naps didn't happen, so we went back out, did a few more little things, then came back an hour later to try naps again.
2:20pm LC is down for the count. He slept for 4 HOURS! Yes, he did not wake up until 6pm! We were debating waking him up! And we both were on the brink of boredom if you can imagine that!
I was able to nap, and finish my book, and start my next book! J got some computer work done, we ordered his birthday party invitations, and paced back and forth stuffing snacks in our mouth because we were starving and ready for dinner that we didn't want to make because we didn't know when he'd wake up lol
Once he woke up we went out to Chik-Fil-A (our fave) for dinner and then picked up his birthday party invites, swung by the Barnes & Noble, then home for the night where LC slept soundly, until 6:5am on mothers day :).....
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment