Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holy time batman!

So as with everything in parenting - at least in our parenting - it comes with trial and error - adjustment in routine.

We tried something new today. I took LC to daycare this morning. Why are you doing this, you ask?

Well, for as long as I can remember (okay, since September-ish), it has been a struggle for me to get ready after the boys take off for the morning. They leave around 7:30 and that barely gives me enough time to shower, get ready, and sometimes eat, since playing with LC trumps my own breakfast some mornings, hence my eating pop tarts in the car on the way to work a couple of weeks ago. Unhealthy, and no fun for the Momma.

So, after telling J "don't get used to this", um...it kinda WORKED! Granted, this is day 1 and all, but seriously, I had time to shower, get dressed, drink an entire cup of coffee (while it was still hot), and eat my breakfast sandwich and read my tweets! And I got to work 3 minutes EARLY!

Say Whaaaaaat!?!?

Here's how it went down.

Pretty much like clockwork, LC is up and standing in his crib by 6:15 (good thing since that's the time I should get up - really I should get up at 6am but that's besides the point). Anyway, I go get him, we nurse (ps the biting: it must have been a phase because um, he hasn't bit me since our trip last week!), I change his diaper and get him dressed for the day.

Strap him in the high chair (he's been doing arch back lately I have no idea why because he loves food, just not sitting I guess lol), and give him his oatmeal (we need to transition to a finger food breakfast but not sure what just yet - everything seems loaded with sugar etc), and then after he was done, he sat in his chair while J ate his breakfast and I pulled on my sweats and t-shirt.

I grabbed his bottles and lunch, put it in his daycare bag, and off we went - in the car by 7:06am! Got to daycare 5 mins later, and I was back in the car by 7:16 and home by 7:26! IN the shower by 7:30 and ready for the day by 8 to have my breakfast sitting at the table! Left for work by 8:13 (instead of 8:20 or 8:25) and rolled into the parking lot at 8:27.

It's the little things people.

So while I told J to not get used to this new idea - well, I just might be on to something. We'll play it by ear, but really, if he's ready to go by 7 then heck, why not take him so he can play with his friends? Granted I felt bad about taking him there a whole 30 minutes earlier but we did get some playtime in and he seemed cool with going along for the ride.

So, we'll see how it goes the rest of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment