Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The first & second flight

Our flight out was at 6am, as in it LEFT at 6am. As in, we had to be up and out of the house no later than 4:15am.

At 3:00am my alarm went off - I got up at 3:05am. I showered and got ready, while J pulled on some clothes, and loaded up the car (yay for being prepared the night before!)

At 3:52 I went in to wake up LC who was snoring and in a deep sleep. Got him up and dressed in his leisure travel pants amd crab onsie and we were on our way.

4:06am we were in the car, 4:09am I pumped 7ozs of milk in a bottle for LC to have when we got on the airplane at his normal nursing time.

Sidenote: gotta love my manual pump! always works in emergencies or a pinch!

4:30 we were at the airport and checking in.

Security wasn't bad at all, the workers were very helpful in getting my stuff off the belt for me while I held LC until the stroller came through. A female worker tested my milk and we were good to go!

On the plane he had his milk first since I knew he was hungry.

Fortunately the middle seat was empty so the kicking legs and exploring hands were welcomed :)

Then we read Brown Bear - his favorite - we flipped through the book several times.

Then we had puffs - one - by - one :)  To keep from throwing around and to keep him occupied and happy.

Then I had a bagel and gave him little bits of it - he LOVES bread - go carbs!

Then the drink cart came around - and having just recently learned that he likes ice, we got us a cup of ice and had fun sucking and biting the ice (and getting it down the onsie) :)

And before we knew it, we were landing!

The next flight, he fell asleep as we took off and I had to wake him when we landed.

My awesome little travel buddy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment