is really really hard, like hard times a million. Like just when you think you've got it down pat, it gets harder.
Sometimes I feel like working gets in the way of mothering, of keeping a nice clean house, of having a hot, healthy meal, of having ample sleep.
But wait, that's all just part of actually being a mother 24/7/365.
This morning I missed breakfast because LC had a blowout and I had to bathe him and get him in a whole new outfit. Not his fault, and I KNEW the peach cobbler and sweet potatoes would come back and it was a matter of when.
Then I had to rinse out his (probably) destroyed with poop stained onsie and change / shout out his changing pad cover before I could get myself in the shower.
LC kinda knew what was up, he cried a little when I had to get him naked, but he got quiet and kindly complied to a quick am bath for the momma to get him all fresh and clean before daycare.
So I had a cheese stick and a granola bar for breakfast.
And I slept from 9:30-1, and 1:15-6:15, small miracles. That was after LC went to bed at 7:45pm (he was dog tired last night), and I spent an hour doing the dishes, and cleaning the kitchen and then I was too tired to sit and enjoy a bowl of ice cream on the couch. Instead I got ready for bed, sat on the couch and talked to J for a few minutes before going to bed without even reading a page / paragraph / sentence in my book.
Oh and I only got to pump 2 times yesterday due to being offsite in the morning, so I had to go into my freezer stash of milk to get another bottle made up for today (although that's okay, I'm SO thankful for my freezer stash and it needs to get used anyway), and I hope that the one day of being off didn't affect my supply. I think it's okay.
Sigh...life is rough sometimes. I just need to remember the good moments.
The two wee walrus tusk top front teeth that LC is slowly starting to sport.
The crinkle in his eyes when he smiles and laughs.
How he holds his arms up when I lean down to pick him up off the floor or from his play pen.
How he falls asleep in my arms every night and lets me kiss his sweet cheeks as many times as I want before lying him down in his crib, not batting an eye and snoring softly.
How he cocks his head to the side and half opens his mouth and leans his head way forward for more bites of his food.
How much he loves his momma and he can't even speak yet, but I know, and he shows me everyday.
So yeah, some days, nights, mornings, are really hard. Working is really hard, but then again, earning the degree to do the work I do was really hard.
Things just aren't simple and easy. And that's okay.
What would life be if it wasn't challenging.
Right :)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH girl, I so feel you. Sometimes this working mom gig is super tough. Just this morning I was fighting with my daughter because she didn't want to get dressed. Seriously...we have the same exact routine every single morning...but all of a sudden this morning she thought it was for the birds. Sometimes, we all have an off day (or week!). But you're right...what would life be if it wasn't challenging!? It keeps us on our toes. :)
ReplyDelete