Monday, February 6, 2012

The BIG tooth & the 6am bath

Last night as I was playing with LC and turning him upside down and right side up in my lap - he LOVES hanging upside down lol - I noticed something in his mouth. It looked like a giant bread crumb - I stuck my finger in there, wiggled around and nothing cam out - next time I dipped him backwards (under the light of a lamp), I saw a HUGE crater in his gum - the upper right gum to be exact -- a TOOTH! - A HUGE TOOTH is going to bust through at any moment! And next to that was a wee bud of a 2nd front tooth! J and I had been watching the buds the past few days. So now we officially have some action!

Oh, THIS is why he was up two times a night last week - army crawling and a new tooth. I think this week may be rough with wakeups but the Momma was right in giving Tylenol last week - the tooth was making itself known! So we're going to continue with Tylenol before bed in hopes it will keep him comfortable - he is cheerful all the other times of the day! And so we can all get some rest! Yay Teeth! It's a big deal around here :)

As for the 6:04am bath - yep, LC! He got a bath last night before bed and then this morning when he woke up at 5:30, J got him and they went out to play and get ready for work. At 6:00am I hear 'Are you awake!?!?! ... I think he pooped ...it got real quiet, I heard a sound, and then I smelled it ... " I got out of bed as quickly as my cold/sore throat body and head could muster after being up at midnight and 3am, and we took LC over to the changing table. Umm yeah...before we even get the pjs off it was ... BAD! lol. We looked at eachother and said "to the bath!' :) I drew a quick bath, J held LC up as I stripped his diaper off, we plopped him in the tub & I washed him down --

sidenote: times like these a nice hose or shower squirter could work wonders!

Washed him down, picked him up, drained the poopy water, drew another bath and wiped him down again in clean water. Shew.

Then he was dressed and fed and playing by 6:30am. And the Momma was beat lol.

Not the last bath at 6am! I'm sure there will be 3am baths and 4am baths and changes of wet or dirty sheets in the wee hours of the morning too! We are lucky ... he waited til 6am to go for it this time :) Ah squash and turkey dinner :)

We love you LC - you keep life moving right along little one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment