Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The time I ate 3 donuts in a day & my Dad cleaned my apartment

This past weekend my Dad came down for a visit - quick - but packed with fun let me tell you!

LC has been going through a growth spurt which coincided with Grandpa's visit - which means, he is keyed up, not wanting to nap, and waking up 2 and 3 times a night for a wee snack of milk from the Momma. Just a sidenote lol.

Grandpa blows into town, denies me for lunch (really it's okay), grabs my keys and I'm sure speeds down the road to pick LC up at daycare for their big afternoon together :)

Apparently they sat on a park bench downtown and watched the world go by, had lunch (LC had his milk), and ice cream (LC watched Grandpa), played on the floor and in the bumbo seat, had a major blowout (happens daily lol), and talked to eachother. Pure bliss yes!

Saturday morning J went to get an oil change and a haircut, and after LC and I had been up 3 times, Grandpa took over while I slept in a little bit. They had a blast on the air matress and I could hear them talking to eachother and playing! Then LC took a nap and the donuts came - J brought a half dozen Krispy Kreme donuts (pumpkin spice and glazed) home with him after the oil change. Yes, they were devoured! And OH so GOOD!

LC woke up from his nap and we went to the Farmers Market where there were MORE donuts - and 2 for $3 which was a deal! Grandpa and I had one each - SO GOOD! And some hot spiced cider - perfect on a crisp fall morning. LC sat up in his stroller (sans carseat) and held on to the tray and looked all around - the ladies loved him - complete strangers commented on his cuteness! And I almost teared up watching him watch a woman play the harp. I tell you, the wonderment of a baby is amazing to me. They are so drawn in to everything, and really take notice of the little things. Amazing.

Then we came home (well after a fabulous pimento cheese sandwich at a new shop in town), and Dad helped me clean my house - wiped up the kitchen, dusted the tables which was all I really needed to make me feel better. This work / mom balance is a work in progress for me still, and I am constantly thinking and saying how dirty the apartment is, yet not having time to clean it, or when I do have time, I just want to sit down and read my book.

More to come, and hopefully pics to follow once Grandpa posts them up so I can snag 'em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment