Monday, November 14, 2011

Being a mother

Means:

Not caring that pretty much every article of clothing you own (from your work pants to your underpants) get spit up on them, on a pretty regular basis

Cleaning out poopy diapers in the toilet isn't a big deal

Waking up once, twice, three times a night is okay because you would do anything in the world to soothe your baby - sometimes it's just feeding, sometimes it's holding and rubbing his back while he drifts back to sleep in my arms

A full night's sleep is a thing of the past, and will stay that way for a very long time

The laundry is never done

The house is almost always in a haze of dust and in dire need of vacuuming

The mail sometimes doesn't get picked up for 2 days

Dinner doesn't get eaten until 8 or 9pm

Dinner is sometimes cold

Lunch is sometimes cold

Breakfast is sometimes cold

Coffee is always good - especially when you get pumpkin spice or gingerbread creamer - I think my (decaf) coffee is my most favorite part of the morning

Helping hands (family and friends) are always welcome - especially when the momma has chronic wrist pain - but never too painful to hold my sweet baby for as long as it takes

Watching our sweet baby fall asleep in my arms is the best piece of heaven that God has given me here on Earth

Going to bed at 8:30 to 'stay ahead' of LC who may or may not wake up once or twice in the night

Reading a few pages of my book with an ice cold glass of caffeine free diet coke by my side on a Sunday afternoon

Checking on our sweet baby every time I walk by the nursery, hearing his snores, feeling his belly rise and fall as he slumbers

Being the best Mom I can be - and J the best Dad he can be, for the Best baby in the whole wide world.

I thank my lucky stars every time I put LC down to sleep and he wiggles, turns his head to the side and closes his eyes as he sucks on his paci.

I thank my lucky stars every time he wakes up in the night, that he is alive, that his plumbing is working (he's always hungry) and that I can provide his nourishment and comfort

I thank my lucky stars every time he wakes up in the morning and kick kick kicks and gives me a BIIIG grin to greet the Momma and the day.

Being a mother is challenging, fun, but most of all, a blessing.

Thank you LC, for choosing me to be your Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment