Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The time J got up with the baby

So last Thursday (I think), J got up with LC..in the night...for the first time in um....4 months (he's 5 months old in case you haven't been following). Bless the man for trying. It really is my fault because one night early on (when he was back to work & I was still out on leave and the BFing was established enough that I wasn't crying out in pain at every latch / relatch), I just didn't wake him up since really, what's the point, I feed him, he goes back to sleep (gasp somtimes he doesn't even burp after) , bing bang boom 15 mins done. But lately (the past two weeks) LC has been waking up on cue about 4 hours after going down, so around 11:45ish. And then again around 3ish, sometimes 4ish, sometimes 5:40ish (those times I like lol). But if he's up in the 11 o'clock hour, chances are that J hasn't even made it to bed yet - whereas I have been in bed for a good 2ish hour (yeah I'm old, I go to bed at 8:30 / 9pm, no more 10pm nights for me).
So I hear "the call" i.e. thrashing about with his eyes closed, sometimes open, like a baby bird, waiting for the Momma to come in and feed him - a good 4 to 6 hour streach is normal for a BF baby so it's all good & I'm used to it. If he's real tired he can eek out 7 hrs for me which is outstanding!
But I digress....
The call comes...I get up immediately because my Momma hearing senses are that of Spidey ability - but J is faster (wait, what! yes, he was ALREADY there, leaning over the crib putting the paci back in)...I took one look at LC and said 'but he's hungry'...J said 'okay' and I watched him for a minute, (because I've tried this 'trick' before and he is on to me, he just wants to boob and then out) and sure enough he sucks for a minute, then his tiny paw goes up to his mouth, he removes the paci and begins to attempt to eat it. So I say 'thank you' and scoop him up, feed him, and put him back to bed. In 15 minutes.
Bless J for trying, and then for asking me if I wanted him to stay up with us, and asking if I needed any water.
We had a good night, feed and then bed...last night on the other hand...a different story. But we all made it through...and last night J really did help me out - in the midnight hour no less! Got our sweet boy calmed down and back to sleep.
We are a team and I'm proud of us :)
Thanks J for your valiant efforts (oh wait, he doesn't read the blog - well, the "world" now knows lol) :)

ps maybe only I find this humorous, oh well, it's my blog yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment