Sunday, October 23, 2011

We're not spoiled - were blessed

That is what J tells me when:

- After watching a slideshow at our niece's birthday and seeing those fresh from the hospital pictures, thinking, 'I didn't get that...I don't have a picture of my baby fresh out, cuddled up on my chest...I didn't even get to hold him before he was carted off to the nursery, and me to recovery, where I was shaking like a leaf and numb from the waist down, to only see him in the morning when I had to be wheeled in, and could only hold him for a short time due my incision hurting and being exhausted - but SO in love I didn't' know what to do with myself, and didn't even feel the pain


- LC falls asleep each night after a bath, pajamas, and one last feeding with the Momma; only to awake once or twice in the night, to eat and then promptly fall back asleep

- LC smiles at strangers and makes friends with everyone he encounters - spreading his baby joy all around

- LC naps peacefully in his crib, carseat, pack n' play, swing, bassinet - apparently some babies don't like sleeping in their cribs and protest to no end - not LC - he was getting used to those digs a couple of weeks in (at 12 days I think I laid him down in his crib for a nap, just to check it out and um yes, he slept soundly) - and the whole "crib transition" - not much of a transition for us / him - he took to it like a duck to water

- LC is so chill - people say "oh you and J are so calm and relaxed, it's no wonder LC has picked up on it and has the same demeanor" -- umm back it up -- you DO know us don't you? Because WE, are NOT calm or chill - in fact quite the opposite actually. Always wound up, saying "no time no time!"

- LC takes a bottle, and the breast, like a seasoned pro, especially the bottle - again, no "transition" period - the kid would drink milk out of a sippy cup I'm sure! And he could drink from a bottle, still be hungry, and nurse immediately after

- LC knows the difference between day and night - I can put him down for a nap at 6:30pm and he'll be up by 7 for playtime, a bath, then bedtime (and they say don't let them nap too long in the late afternoon)...

- So yeah, we are not spoiled, we're blessed - never have I known a baby to be so adaptable, happy, and loving. He sure does love his Mommy and Daddy & everyone for that matter. Kinda makes ya nervous to think about a brother or sister huh! Not yet, don't worry!!! We are enjoying him to no end (can you tell!) but later down the road.

God has been so good to us, LC has eased us into this thing called parenthood. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment