Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lucky


My wrists may hurt on a daily basis regardless of if I use biofreeze & wear my braces at night.

My hair may be falling out in globs in the shower every day

My eyes may be tired from waking up once a night, sometimes twice, to feed our sweet baby - bur really, seriously, I cherish the 2,3,4,5am feedings, because I know that they will last only a short time. Those are the times I love the most, just he and I cuddled up in the glider, bleary eyed from sleep, breathe, suck, swallow, for 15 minutes, burp, big sigh, then back in bed with a little rustle and a sigh of contentment as the peepers close for another few hours until morning.

I am lucky

We are lucky

I have an amazing job that allows me to pump 3 times a day (totally getting easier by the way!)

We have an amazing daycare that watches our sweet baby, writes down his every move, texts pictures and keeps me filled in on his days when I am at work

We are not worried about a schedule - I worried in the beginning, but if I remember correctly, it was short lived - along with the 'feed every 2 to 3 hours - which turned to 'feed when hungry' which has been our mantra since a few weeks in.

He sleeps when he's tired, he eats when he's hungry.

I am proud of us, as a family, as parents, for raising such an inquisitive and happy sweet baby boy.

This is what being blessed feels like.

We are the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment