So I'm die hard breastfeeding Momma right. We got through so many hurdles the first 6 weeks & hit our stride for real at about 8 weeks, continued on for another 8 weeks and then work started.
Enter: pumping 3 times a day.
Enter: feeding LC once in the morning and twice at night myself while one of his awesome caregivers gives him 3 bottles during the day - which he takes like a champ by the way :)
Enter: a very fortunate yet tired Momma
I'm so so thankful that my job allows me to take a little extra time on my breaks and use my lunch to pump for LC. So darned lucky!
But I will tell you, it is hard work. It is hard being away from LC, producing milk for him, and hoping that I get my standard 5ish ounces with each pumping. Trying not to worry that my supply will go down, but wishing so badly that I could nurse him myself.
There ain't nothin like a relationship with ur pump :)
But we're making it work. Some sessions are harder than others, I need to focus, relax, look at pics of LC, work that let down button and hope for the best.
So far my body is responding well, but it's a little stressful. But we're hanging in there!
If you work and pump, what has your experience been? Any tips or tricks?
Friday, September 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Keep it up mama, you're doing great! I went back to work when my little one was 3 weeks old and I pumped at work until she was one year. Lots of work, but SO worth it! :)
ReplyDeleteA tip? I pumped in my office (luckily) so I always saved my email follow up stuff for that time so I wasn't just sitting there for 25 minutes every time!