
Our first day! One tired LC, one tired yet so happy to see LC Momma! :)
Wow, we made it through the first week! In my case Tuesday-Saturday.
Let me tell you - I have never been so tired in my life. Like more tired than when LC was a newborn & I was recovering from my surgery!
It is an adjustment that's for sure.
Adjusting to pumping 3 times a day, worrying that my supply will go down because I can't nurse him whenever he is hungry, instead he has a bottle every 3 to 4 hours / when he is hungry at daycare (and they are doing a great job), and I pump around every 3 ish hours.
Adjusting to coming home, snatching LC up in my arms and not wanting to let him go until it's bedtime, which comes way too quickly.
Adjusting to more baths - which are SO fun! He kicks and splashes now! And continues to love the water! And there is nothing like a sweet smelling clean baby LC! :)
Adjusting to the fact that he came home on Friday with a new tone of voice - which I equate to a baby pterodactyl - kind of high pitched but so cute! We were trying to figure out if it was a mad voice, or a happy voice - turns out it is just a content voice, learning the way his vocal cords can do different things. So cool!
I stopped by the daycare before work on Thursday (btw: my once a week late nights are going to be extra rough I think), and saw LC, gave him snuggles and hugs and talked to his teachers a bit. All is well and we are very satisfied although it is still so hard that he has to be there for about 10 hours a day :(
But I have to remind myself that he is getting great care, that we are both working for him, so that he can go do fun things throughout life, vacations, camps, etc. So I am still working to make peace with it, and soaking up our weekend time.
By the time Friday rolled around, the daycare called and said LC had a fever of 100.5 (at about 4:30pm), I didn't freak, but asked her how many times they took it, and how he was acting in general. In true LC fashion though, he was a champ and was 100% unaffected, playing, smiling, drinking his bottles. His cheeks were just a bit flushed. Since there wasn't but an hour left in the day, he was okay to stay there until J picked him up. I debated leaving work early, but since he seemed fine, I figured it would be okay.
I talked to the nurse and she confirmed with the doctor that it was okay for us to just watch him & his temp and if he showed anymore signs of discomfort we could come in on Saturday.
Well, LC was fine as frog hair as they say at home :)
Although today he seems to be a little congested and tired, but I think his week is catching up with him too, so we're working on lots of nursing and sleeping for the little dude today.
Shew, we made it through the first week!

No comments:
Post a Comment