That's right! I said it! We have mastered Operation Not As Much Spit Up with LC!
After taking a Facebook poll, reading my books (which for some reason don't really help), and J combing the internet - and his Dr Spock and Happiest Baby books, we got a plan.
Also, this was after I had to change his diaper 3 times in row on the changing table, and his outfit 3 times before we could go out last night - due to massive pees and spitting up the minute I got the onsie over his sweet head lol.
I tried feeding him in a more upright position - well that ended in me being uncomfortable despite the number of pillows - and LC being what I thought would be uncomfortable if it were me trying to eat even though he ate like a fiend regardless.
So then I kept my ole standard of cross cradle hold and tried burping him more frequently during his meal - like if he slowed down I'd pop him off and up on my shoulder and out a big ole belch would come - and usually quickly!
So we kept with that all day today and so far just a tiny bit of spit up - what I'd consider much more 'normal'. And lord knows he is still maintaining his milk status because he is peeing like a race horse and pooping to beat the band - oh and farting - this kid passes more gas than anyone I know!
And you can hear his gas from rooms away - not to mention his poops - J says they sound like a toilet flushing lol!
Parenthood is so grand!
Breastfeeding sure is teamwork, but I *think* (knock on wood) that we've got it under control!
Nipples are much better - what a difference a good latch makes and in no time flat!
Spit up is under control.
Next please ....
Oh and the GERD the nurse mentioned - yeah GERD be gone! He just needs to be burped more thankyouverymuch! :)
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I am so glad you got this figured out! :)
ReplyDelete