Sometimes things just click
Sometimes it takes time (5 to 6 weeks) for them to click
Sometimes it takes an exhausted, overwhelmed, in pain Mommy to watch a video online about how to feed your baby (with a lactation consultant no less)
Sometimes it takes being on the verge of pumping a bottle and introducing it earlier than planned
Sometimes it takes a stellar baby boy who knows his mother to a T
Sometimes it takes a lot of teamwork and patience and cooperation
But it clicks
Maybe it was the latch - I kinda think it was and maybe a video is what I needed instead of all of the print pictures.
I really thought we were getting it - then I tried latching him again and again and again until it didn't pinch or hurt...until it felt relaxing.
And you know what, he didn't even cry between latches - he is patient! Imagine that! Considering his mother can be extremely impatient ha! Shew glad he didn't inherit that (yet!).
So between the Tylenol, the cream and the newly established stellar latch, I think we are good to go! Already feeling a bit better!
Still headed to the hospital to meet tomorrow to ensure that we've got it right this time.
But oh dear sweet relief!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment