I had m 6 week post-op / post baby birth appointment today. Yahooo!!! We all made it 6 weeks and didn't get an infection (a fear of mine), rip an internal stitch (from lifting anything too heavy, also a fear of mine), and nothing else earth shattering happened - we had a baby, got adjusted, then got checked out!
She said the incision looked great - and is 100% healed so I'm free to exercise, lift stuff, etc! I won't be busting out my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred juuust yet, kinda ease back into it - but YAY!
She said it takes 18 months for the whole shebang to 100% heal - but hey, it's amazing what 6 weeks can do!
And, it took off 20 lbs! 7lbs 8 ozs were from LC and maybe another 2ish from the placenta and who knows how much for the milk makers lol! But hey, down to 124.8 from 145 back in May - with my original start weight being 120 (yeah I just put my weight on the interwebs) - I'll take it!
I have no idea if my pre-pregnancy clothes will ever fit me again, at least the bottoms since I have a blubber belly that is still shrinking and wobbling about, and my hips and thighs seemed to have taken on some weight, but all in good time - and lots of walking and lower body work.
It was great to see my dr again and to show off LC to the ladies in the office - they fawned over him in his muscle shirt of course :)

The gun show is this way ladies!
(this was originally taken on June 23, but he wore the same onsie today - and miraculously we made it out of the house without getting spit up on it!

No comments:
Post a Comment