Saturday, July 16, 2011

My little love


I know just how much I love J and just how much I love our dear sweet LC, but what I wasn't prepared for (if you can call it that), is how much LC would love ME, right from the start no less!

The day he was born and first put in my arms, he looked at me with such loving and adoring eyes, like nobody has looked at me before! He suckled right up to his mommy, putting his face right next to mine as he snuggled in the crook of my shaking arm.

The day after he was born I went to see him in the NICU and as I said Hi, it's Mommy', his little eyes were straining to open, wanting to put a face to the voice he had heard for so long in the womb.

And everyday since, he shows me just how much he loves me...

When I walk into his nursery when he's trying to fall asleep for his afternoon nap and he looks right at me and smiles.

When he peers up at me with his one eye checking to make sure it's all okay when he is nursing at any hour of the day or night.

When he turns his head to the sound of my voice during tummy time.

When he gives a big burp and then turns his head to face me, his big peepers blinking, like 'how was that Mommy!?'

When he smiles as I repeat 'HI, HI, HOW ARE YOU SIR!' or anything repeatedly and aim the iTouch, camera, or cell phone at him for pics.

When he grabs my fingers or my necklace or shirt with his fiery death grip at any time when I'm holding him

When we Skype with family he peers at me, studying me, memorizing my tone, my look, everything.

When he opens his eyes from sleeping and sees his Mommy, I can just tell that his little heart about bursts with love.

It is amazing how a little human who can't even talk yet, can show so much love just in being here everyday.

I love my dear sweet LC more than I could ever tell or show him, but he has shown me with each day that passes just how much he loves his Mommy!

Amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment