Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oout and aboot


My Dad has been in town (Maximus, Grandpa, Grandad...he's still thinking of a name and will let LC decide, but we're taking advice), and it's been awesome!

Sidenote: my Mom was here all last week - also equally awesome, and a post(s) all its own

I've showed him (or re-taught since he did this with my brother and I), how to cloth diaper and he's got the knack of it!

He knows how to click the carseat into the base and into the stroller, and carry the carseat and the baby.

He knows how to burp the baby, or at least try since he doesn't always oblige, and then spit up ensues, but hey, whateva!

And he knows how to be an AWESOME grandpa to LC, reading, playing with rattles, tummy time, and just playing with grandpa like grandsons do!



And...he knows how to babysit! Yep! I said it - 3 weeks and 2 days after birth, J and I left LC with my Dad while we ran to.....Target....for breast pads, feminine pads, and some medicine. Romantic huh!

So for 45 minutes, we strolled around Target while my Dad watched a sleeping LC in his bassinet. Although we came home and they were both resting on the couch, LC plopped on Dad's chest snoring away :)

All in all - a fabulous evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment