So as I said before, LC had to be delivered via emergency c-section due to cord prolapse. At the time I knew what this meant - and the doctor explained it as well - but since then I've done a little bit more research - but not too much because I don't want to scare myself and rehash everything.
But apparently cord prolapse is very rare. And it is when the cord comes out before the baby, which can put pressure on the cord and reduce oxygen and blood etc to the baby, hence the emergency aspect of it all.
I just want to say that I am thankful to my body for slowing my contractions down (8-10 minutes apart once we started pushing), for knowing that something was potentially wrong. For LC for having his head turned sideways, also signalling a slowing down of the whole labor process - in trying to get him to turn his head, both with me changing positions and the doctor trying to manually turn his head, then discovering the cord.
Everything works together, and everything happens for a reason.
My body, and our baby knew something was up, and they both worked together to correct it. Along with the skilled hands of an awesome doctor who I hope to see again and personally thank for taking care of both of our lives in the quickest way possible.
I don't care that they didn't lower the sheet when he was born, or hold him up right when he came out, or said 'it's a boy' even though we already knew. All I know is that I felt my baby being lifted out of me, the doctor said 'baby's out' and we heard his sweet cries, that was all I needed, all we needed.
And then to see his face and stare in awe and disbelief that we created this tiny being, so precious and so alive and fighting, just like his Mommy did :)
Everything happens for a reason. And we couldn't be happier with our darling sweet boy, coming into the world with a bang! :)
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment