You know the day that you marry your husband you think, wow, I could never love someone more, as much as I do today, and I know this love will grow with each day we are together.
And that love does grow. As you learn more about each other, quirks, cuteness, funny faces, and just stopping to breathe and look at your husband and say 'wow, you're an awesome person, I am one lucky lady to be with you and I could never love you more.'
And then you make a baby...and the baby grows inside your belly and as your baby grows, so does the love between you and your husband. With each baby hiccup and wiggle, heartbeat on the dopplar, ultrasounds, grins are spread ear to ear, stories are shared, and love grows even more than you thought imaginable.
Then you go into labor - and right when you think your love couldn't grow anymore - it does. When your husband holds your leg and your head and counts to 10 as you try to push the newest little life out into the world. And when the doctor tells you you have to have a c-section and your husband is right there, leaning over you, tears in his eyes, kissing your forehead, telling you he'll be right there, that you are brave and will be okay and the baby will be perfect. You think your love couldn't grow anymore.
And the moment they pull your baby out of your belly, and you both hear his first cry, and you look at eachother and tears stream down both of your faces - a sound you've been waiting for years to hear and the time is finally right now, right here.
And your husband runs over to watch them clean up his new son, and takes about a memory cards worth of pictures and then comes back over to your side and shows you the pictures of your new son.
And the moment -- the moment he comes over while you are still on the operating table, shaking like a leaf from the medicine, and he brings you our baby. And you see with your own eyes, for the first time, how much you love can grow in that one instant. A sleeping baby, in a proud papa's arms, a Mommy whose heart bursts with love for two of the most special people in her life.
A family is born.
A love grows even deeper in the days and weeks of recovery and settling in that follow.
I love you so much my dear sweet J, and my dear sweet LC.
sidebar: yes, there are tears in my eyes and snot dripping out of my nose as I type this - it couldn't be helped. I'll grab a kleenex now :)
Monday, June 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment