Sunday, June 12, 2011

A huge thank you!

To my Mom and Dad for so many things, but mainly, for being there for me / us on LC's birthday and the days following in the hospital.



They flew down at a moments notice on May 30 when we called them at 6:30am to tell them we were in labor. I was crying and confused and happy and just wanted them there with us for this big day. LC's birth!

They made arrangements at the speed of light and walked into our room in Labor & Delivery at 5:30pm that afternoon after various texts and phone call updates.

It was truly a blessing to have them there with us.

Their excitement quenched my fears and their soothing words and hand holding kept me calm.

Between J - the best coach ever, NEVER leaving my side for one moment - and my parents being there, I couldn't have asked for a better birth environment for our baby boy.

And the days that followed - you know, the ones where I couldn't walk, could barely get up from the bed without a crow bar - or another person to physically pull me up, my Mom was there.

My Mom, who fed me pancakes and made sure I drank lots of fluids, and helped me shower, and physically put my pants on me, and held my hand, and watched over me as I learned to feed our baby boy for the first time.

My Dad, who's sheer joy and fascination of our son brings tears to my eyes. His daughter giving him another pride and joy, his grandson. His encouraging words and hand squeezes, and also being there when I was getting the knack of feeding our baby boy (and I truly did not care one lick), family is family.

My parents, who worked together to raise me to be the person that I am today - watching them with our son was the most amazing experience ever. The sheer love and fascination and joy that he brings to them is one of the greatest blessings I've ever been able to witness.

The joy and awe that he brings to J and I - a whole other post.

Family is family - and I can't thank my Mom and Dad enough for being there with us during one of the most amazing days of our lives.

And they are coming back soon for another visit! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment