I don't go to church as often as I should, but I keep the faith.
The only way to express the joy in my life right now is through that faith.
Through the fact that when God takes one thing away from us, He replaces it with something that much stronger and better than your dreams ever could have imagined.
Textbook even.
Textbook pregnancy, textbook baby.
That is what we have been blessed with.
LC amazes us on a daily basis with his little tricks and cries and facial expressions and intent staring and studying of those around him.
He is a miracle. A sweet, darling, perfect in every way miracle, sent to us from the heavens above and a lot of love.
Since he has been here our love has grown even more as we look at him, as we look at eachother, and as we marvel over the joy that he brings to not only us, but to our family and friends.
J's Mom came over the other day as did his sister and our niece. I looked over at his Mom, a huge grin spread on her face, soaking in her children and her grandchildren and I knew, this is what life is made of. These little moments in time where the joy is so great it can't be contained.
Same thing happened at the hospital when my Mom and Dad laid eyes on our sweet LC and held him, and looked at me and J, and looked back down at LC. Fascination, love, joy.
We are soaking it all in, every one of us weather it be in person interaction, or long distance relatives looking at photographs and videos and planning visits.
We are so grateful for these moments in time.
Our Little Cub - our little miracle, our little warrior.
And...our little reader :) Reading with Papa June 14, 2011

No comments:
Post a Comment