
A quick update - I promise to come back for more since I really do not want to a)miss these moments (although he's napping now, it's about time to rouse him to eat), and b)forget all the great stuff that has been going on for the past few days!
Details:
Went into labor on my own at 3:30AM cst, on Monday May 30, 2011
Born: May 30, 2011 (some may say fashionably late), at 10:49pm CST via emergency c-section due to cord prolapse (very scary, a post all its own but we are both healthy & have never been happier)
Weight: 7lbs 8ozs , 21 inches long
And he has BOATS for feet! And big hands! Our lil athlete I'm sure!
We are loving life!
Breastfeeding is going great - he has really picked up on his latching and between last night and today is able to nurse on one latch! He is a stellar rooter too :)
Haven't started to cloth diaper yet - we want his stump to fall off, and for me to be a bit more mobile (I'm not too up for all of the bending that doing laundry involves right yet). But hopefully soon!
I'm healing well - of course my birth plan (which ended up on an index card), didn't quite make it, but really I think I got the best of both worlds.
Got to go into labor on my own, got an epidural (piece of cake in my opinion, didn't hurt a bit), lasted 4-5CM before getting epi, got to push for two separate session, about an hour or so each, and then c-section where this amazing doctor got him out in I swear 60 seconds!
More to come later. Time to wake him up for some food :)

CONGRATS ERIN! He's a beauty :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic!! I am so happy for all three of you!! If you have any c-section questions, just let me know. He is perfect....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete