We do!
My milk started coming in this past Friday, June 3 (LC's first pediatrician appointment day!), and it hasn't stopped since!
I think that it is regulating itself though because LC is able to clear out one side in 10 minutes flat! At least it feels better to me after 10 minutes of him nursing. He usually nurses one side per feeding, but sometimes if he is starving (how he could be starving is beyond me, because we are on a 3 hour schedule during the day, and usually 3 to 4 hours overnight), he'll have a little on the other side before crapping out on me :)
And this baby can suck! He GULPS down the milk like it's going out of style. I remind him to slow down, it's not going anywhere. He just loves the grub! And then sometimes after he is done nursing, he likes to continue sucking so he'll put his fingers in his mouth - yeah, we don't want to start that habit (says his mother who sucked her finger for entirely too long growing up), so we replace the fingers with his soothie paci that he got at the hospital. That seems to placate him and he even spits it out when he's done.
We don't use it all the time, but just when he seems to need it. Trying not to get into any habits that may be hard to break later, but want to ensure his comfort of course!
I'e found that nursing him in bed is the best position. Originally I thought his glider was best, and we've been using that during the day, and the bed at night. But, I noticed that he latches right on when we nurse in bed, and stays on. In the glider he roots several times and doesn't have a consistent latch, which makes our feeding times longer and more frustrating for the little guy.
So I think we may stick to the bed, or some other place where we can both sit really comfortably.
But I'm so so happy that my milk came in and that LC is able to eat and eat and eat! I'm keeping the Lansinoh cream handy and using that a couple times a day, but apparently the soreness does go away which is a plus! I don't want anything to hinder our special feeding time :)
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I call the lansinoh my "superman cream." I would not be able to take a shower without it!!!
ReplyDelete