Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Got cloth!?

We do!



LC's cord fell off on June 14, 2011 and that was our timeline to start the cloth diapering.

So, after his pediatrician appointment today, Mimi and I decided to go for it.

Albeit, not with some freaking out on my part.

This diaper was swimming on him - absolutely swimming! I guess I am used to the teeny tiny pampers, so when you put a big (infant sized) prefold and a cover on a wee 7lb 10 oz baby, of course it is going to look huge and bulky.

It seriously felt like it looked like that kid in A Christmas Story who had the snowsuit on and couldn't lower his arms because of the puffiness of it all.

But, as is his custom, dear sweet LC didn't bat an eye and has napped twice in two different cloth diapers.

And he even posed for pics on the changing table - don't worry, Mimi and I were standing right there with a hand nearby to avoid rolling - even though he can't roll yet :)


He didn't seem phased by the fact that he couldn't close his legs. Or that the whole contraption was humungous on him. His poor mother on the other hand - tried not to freak out. Well, is still trying not to freak out - we're on round 2, the 2nd cloth dipe of the day!

This is an acquired taste, one of those things where research and practice are different, but I'm going to be patient and ride it out and hope it works, once I get used to the change of it all :)

1 comment:

  1. you will get it down - dont worry. We LOVE the cloth diapers (we are using the same system - teeny prefolds and thirsties duo wraps ) and they dont look so huge now at 4 weeks. AND I have not had one blowout - not one! pretty awesome. (Just make sure that the prefold is COMPLETELY in the wrap - even check the back - b/c that is where you could get some leaking/wicking on his clothes.... just a tip...)

    ReplyDelete