Yes, I'm not afraid to say it, in my opinion, epidural is a grand thing. I don't know that I could have stayed sane and enjoyed the birth experience without it.
I applaud all of the women who go all natural, but gosh darn, I don't know that I could do it - I mean of course if push came to shove (no pun intended), and I had no choice, well I'd have to grin and bear it.
But I am so glad that I got it when I did, because I really think that I was able to enjoy the whole process much more, even though my legs were numb and tingling and my left leg never quite caught up with my right until the veeery end when I was numbed up like nobody's business for the c-section (thank goodness because all I could think of was my Mom's friend who had a c-section and could feel them cutting her until they totally knocked her out - yikes!).
Even though my numb legs caused me to tell J to move them this way and that way every few minutes and the left side of my lower back hurt, it could have been waay worse and it didn't get to be like that thankfully! I'll take pressure over pain any day!
Shew!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment