Sunday, May 22, 2011

The time we THOUGHT my water broke

But...it DIDN'T.

After falling asleep on the couch from about 10pm until midnight, I woke up on my own, J was flipping through some books, noticed and said 'okay, time for bed.' At which point I waddled my way into our bedroom and promptly fell asleep (I've learned to take my vitamins, brush my teeth, wash my face, and get our bed ready for crawling into it) before even sitting down to watch some tv or read in our living room each evening. I just KNOW that I'll fall asleep or get incredibly sleepy once I officially sit down for the evening after dinner and will be too sleepy to mess with anything else aside from crawling into bed, adjusting my wedge pillow and drifting off to sleep (with a usually sleeping baby in the womb as well) :)

At 1:34am I woke up...J stirred as well and noticed that the sheets were a little wet. I went to the bathroom, and nothing .... may be TMI / gross but ... it was pure sweat. Apparently sleeping with a sheet and a comforter is too much for a 39w6d pregnant lady. I made sure, and sure enough, just sweat. Drat!

When I came back to bed J had me note the time just in case it really was something and we realized it later. Good thinking at 1:34AM. He is remembering C.O.A.T. that we learned in our childbirth class.

For when your water breaks your supposed to record:
Color
Odor
Amount
Time

So we went back to sleep and I slept until about 6ish and then got up for the day. Odd since I normally like to sleep til 8 or so on the weekends when I'm off from work.

Sigh, no baby yet, but maybe he'll come soon! He sure is keeping us on our toes. Good prep little cub, very good prep! :) You know your parents so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment