Well not really, but the song cracks me up.
We are both kind of in a state of nervousness at this point - are you shocked / surprised? I didn't think so lol.
J's daily comment to me as I walk in the door from work "Did you have any contractions today" and "Do you think you're in labor?"
Wait, I thought we were BOTH supposed to know the signs..I mean we both took the 5 week class that clearly went over the signs.
No labor yet, just the braxton hicks contractions which are good practice. Whenever I get them I stop and stand there for a minute with my hand on my belly, and J undoubtably says "Are you having a contraction? Is it a Toni Braxton?" To which I usually respond "yes, just braxton" and "I don't know if it's a contraction, it just feels tight".
I'm assuming I will know when a REAL contraction hits. And it will most likely hurt and not just feel tight like what I've been feeling.
We are also on high alert for the big "water breakage of 2011". In my mind's eye I see this whole labor thing beginning in the wee hours of the morning on one of my 3 trips to the bathroom each night. I'm waiting to stand up and feel the gush or trickle that the doctors and nurses say is your water breaking. I sometimes think that I feel it but then realize no, it's my mind playing tricks on me, nothing there.
Soon enough. I think we all know it's right around the corner, it's just a matter of when. And if you know me, you know that patience is not my strong suite. Apparently neither is it for J since he keeps looking at me and smiling all big saying "Wow, he's really going to be here soon!"
Although on the same token, as restless and excited and anxious as we are to finally meet the little guy in person and see what he looks like - I am surprisingly patient over wanting to treasure these last few weeks / hours / days of pregnancy. I know that he will come when he is good and ready - and that will be the perfect time. So I will sit back and wait, and try to keep myself busy with work and reading and relaxing and cleaning and tweeting - clearly I need to keep myself entertained :) Oh, and blogging! Yeah can't forget that! :)
Friday, May 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment