Thursday, May 12, 2011

I've started to wonder...

Every meal that I eat, I wonder "could this be my last meal before I go into labor and am banned from anything besides clear brothy substances and popscicles for the next 24 to 48 hours?"

Every morning when I get dressed, I wonder "Should I wear my black pants today in case my water breaks you won't be able to see it as much" -- I have started to fear my khakis.

Every night before I go to sleep, I wonder "Could this be the night that I wake up to go to the bathroom and my water will break and I will wake up J and we will head to the hospital to have our baby?"

And every evening before I fall asleep, I thank the heavens above for giving us one more day with our little baby safe inside the womb, for kicking and wiggling around letting his Mommy know that he loves her and hears her and has JUST the right plan about when to come into the world.

I honestly can't believe that there is no more than 4 weeks left until we get to meet our little man. Maybe less than 3 at this point. Maybe less than 48 hours, who knows.

I can't believe that there are only a few layers between he and I, and that he will really come out, and will really look up at us with beautiful eyes, full of nothing but unconditional love for the two voices he has heard for the past 9 months. And that we will look at him with that same love and an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness to him for just being him. Unique. The love of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment