Our childbirth class instructor told us about how everyone has a movie in their head about how the labor and delivery will go. Everyone from the new parents to the family and friends involved.
In the movie in my head, I will go into labor in the wee hours of the morning - and if I'm being completely honest, it will be on a Wednesday night or a Sunday early evening - you know, since that is when our OB is at the hospital and I am determined to have her deliver our baby. I'm hoping LC is sensing these vibes I've been sending regarding this :)
At any rate, in my movie, my water will break and then we'll know for SURE that it's time to call the hospital and get ourselves ready (fortunately we are all 3 packed - I actually just moved LC's stuff into my suitcase since I don't think that he has enough stuff to require his own bag at the point when we'll be meeting him at the hospital).
They say once the water breaks, the contractions will start and the baby will have to be born in 24 hours. So, that gives me a bit of a time frame which I thrive on as well.
I'm a scheduled, planned person, if you know me in real life, you can attest to this. Almost too much so. So I try to relax, however I digress.
At any rate, the water will break, the contractions will start, all the while giving us time to shower, gather our stuff, and head to the hospital (on a traffic free highway no less).
And I've not really gotten past that part. Once we're at the hospital, my idea is to just do the best I can, focus, breathe, keep myself occupied with books, magazines, tv, whatever it takes. And then, however long later, finally meeting our little guy - naturally, sans c-section please!
And start our little life as a family together.
Its totally believable right? In a Hollywood dream :) hehe.
We'll see how close to it I can get right!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment