Friday, May 27, 2011

39w2d Appt Update

Shew, it has been a busy week! No baby yet, just busy with work and lists and yada yada.

But we had a great OB appointment on Tuesday! As is our custom, we arrive at 8am (every Tuesday the past 4 Tuesdays), wait for a little bit, and then head back for the urine test, weigh in, blood pressure, heartbeat & exam.

Shockingly, we had NO questions this time! Our doctor looked at us like 'really!? no questions!?" hehe she knows us well :)

At any rate, the stats:

I gained 1lb, so up 25lbs total. Hoping to not tip 30 but if they don't let you go over 41 weeks and I don't go hog wild on the food, I think I can manage it :)

Baby's heartbeat was between 125 and 130 which is perfect. We asked if it was a little low since it was so high before, and she said nope, it was perfect - anything between 110 and 160 is normal. And his being lower since last time just means that he's a growing boy which is what we want. She also said she could take it again in 5 minutes and it could be up to 140 so it's all good.

No changes in dilation or effacement (drat, I thought for sure that I'd be more of both). And his head still wobbles a bit in there, so he's not locked in juust yet, but still making his sweet way down.

She said that if he doesn't come by our next appointment (Tues 5.31) that we'd start talking about induction. Sigh. I really don't want to have to go that route but I want whatever is safest for baby and I and I trust our doctor with my life so yes, we will discuss it :)

She also said that chances are good that he would come on his own within the next week to week and a half, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that our little guy is punctual and arrives this weekend hopefully!

In the meantime, we await water breakage, contractions, and any other signs that may present themselves to let us know our little man is planning his escape route :)

C'mon lil guy! Your Papa's lists keep getting longer the longer you stay in there. Your Mommy on the other hand, has forgone all lists and is just waiting on you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment