Sunday, May 29, 2011

The longer we wait

So the longer we wait on our Little Cub, the more stuff we seem to acquire, the more lists we (i.e. J) make, and the more we try to squeeze into our time off.

We had some Babies R Us and Amazon gift cards so we bought a few things from there recently - a few more cloth diapers, a baby monitor, and some other odds and ends that I can't even remember now - all put away in their places. Well, we have to set up the monitor but hopefully that isn't rocket science. And keeping in mind that he will not be a newborn forever, trying to get things that will grow with him and last a while. Oh yeah, we got a playmat for him that is super cute - ocean creatures like crabs and stuff - Mommy's roots! :)

His nursery is pretty much ready as it has been. We found out that his little tub juuuust fits in the little nook in our bathroom, so need to clean the floors really well (this is J's idea, I swept but we need some swiffer wet things to "mop" it which has yet to be done), and then can put the tub in there. Um..tick tock. But whatever, I'm not going to sweat it.

His letters are all ready to be hung and since we don't think anyone will be over to view his nursery before he is born, we are going to get them hung up in the next day or so - just need to put the command strips on the back and post them on the wall! J says they need touching up, but I think really they will be fine. I mean they'll be on the wall, not like in a museum exhibit where people will be eying them all up close and examining right lol!

And we got his owl mosaic that Mimi made for him all hung! It looks beautiful and I'm so glad that the maintenance guys from our apartment came and hung it for us - made us both feel better that they did it instead of us. As a courtesy of course - I will write a thank you note.




I don't know why this is sideways, it's not in my folder so very strange.

sidebar: they also fixed our kitchen faucet which was a pain to turn on and off, and now, it functions like a normal faucet - odd since they have fixed it before and it never worked as perfectly as it does now. But I digress..

And everything else is um done.

Tick tock ... I might be starting to get impatient :)

1 comment: