Saturday, May 28, 2011

Birthday Time Part II

What a great birthday!

It started out with a little present from Little Cub.

A gift card to Bath & Body Works from J - and more to be delivered shortly - I have no idea what he has up his sleeve!

And then when I got to work - beautiful flowers from my BFF J showed up - and I almost cried! They smell so delicious and are so so beautiful! See:


And then my Mom and P sent me a Best Buy gift card so that I can get a sleeve for my laptop with the theory being that I can leave it out all the time since currently I only pull it out to blog or do any picture unloading or iPod updating, which isn't much. Darn if only we had another bedroom in this apartment to transform into an office lol!

Then one of my fave sub shops sent me a coupon for a FREE regular sub (valid til June 2), which will come first, LC or my free sub lol!?

Then my coworker got me a super cute birthday card with a bookmark in it - ah love reading!

Then it was lunch - pizza with the coworkers which was super yummy!

Then made it through the rest of the workday, trying to keep up with the awesome barrage of texts, emails, and FB wishes coming in! WOW! LOTS! I feel so lucky and loved!

Then home to get ready for a delicious dinner with J!

sidenote: it took me about 3 shirts to find one that fit - and I wanted to wear a skirt but the one that I have, combined with the too short shirts wasn't cutting it. So jeans it was, and a shirt that was finally long enough. Can ya tell it's time for LC to come out and play! I can't buy more clothes, not at this stage lol! Also, my other maternity shirts were in the dirty clothes so that didn't help!

We went to a super yummy restaurant in town - I had a delicious mozzerella tomato basil salad to start (oh and cheddar chive biscuits), followed by a panko crusted chicken (it was massive, I barely ate much of it - lunch!), complemented with some white vermont cheddar mac n' cheese - and do you have to ask - yes, I ate my ENTIRE side dish :) What, it was good!

sidenote: I managed to incorporate cheese into EVERY meal and snack on my birthday! Seriously -- toasted cheese for breakfast, cheese stick for snack, pizza for lunch, another cheese stick for snack, cheese in salad, biscuits, main entree AND dessert: cheesecake :)

Which leads me to dessert: cheesecake - homemade! So good!

J had a caesar salad, chicken cordon bleu and a key lime tart (his fave) for dessert.

We had our picture taken by the waitress AND got my dessert on the house b/c a)it was my bday and b)she was excited I was due on Sunday :) So nice!

It was a great evening! I promptly fell asleep with a full belly and a still wiggling Little Cub - he loves to kick out his foot on my right side :)


1 comment:

  1. Erin, you look so happy. I can't wait until LC arrives and I know you can't either. Happy Birthday again. I hope he makes his debut very soon. I know you and Jerry are so ready. Love you, Mrs. Kenney

    ReplyDelete