Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The time we built an infant rocker and put up decals..on a Saturday night

At about 11pm no less.

It had been a busy day - I worked all day while J did things around the house and other random errands - and met me for lunch - ah I love meeting for lunch on the Saturdays that I work - we always go to the Chick-Fil-A and get our standard meal and watch all the kiddos play in the play area and try to spot all the redheads :) And talk about how we will bring our baby there when he arrives so that he can get in on the action!

I digress...

After work we were planning on heading out to the Babies R Us to pick up a few things, but time got the best of us and we ended up at the Babies R Us / Toys R Us in our part of town but they didn't have anything we were looking for so we high tailed it outta there and headed home to do some more nursery work, and building!

Yes, J is still on a roll with the building - no matter how hard or easy! Saturday night it was the task of: The Infant / Toddler Rocker / Vibrating Swing. Yeah, a mouthful! It is a multi-tasking device which is awesome! Apparently he can lay in it and it'll vibrate and rock when he's an infant - and then when he gets older, we can remove some parts and it becomes its own rocker - or as I like to say 'his own reading chair' :) Nifty lil device huh! Hopefully it'll come to fruition and LC won't be able to get enough of it!

At any rate, documentation was TOTALLY necessary:


And it comes out of the box -- hurrah!


And the framework is being assembled


Voila! The cover simply slides on and you've got a stellar multi-tasking bouncer/rocker! Woohoo!

And a proud Papa!

And THEN, if that weren't enough for one night, J decides to tackle the decals - which is a good thing - it was either work on them at night or the next morning - and I was still fiddling around with laundry and dishes and basic straightening (oh and I helped too btw), but we figured, hey, let's go for it, we're awake, have (somewhat) energy. So it begins..


J made the tree etc and then I came in to help out some more and added the wee baby deer at the bottom of the tree :)


Totally cute right! I think so!


J standing proudly next to most of his work - I tend to lose patience when trying to stick something to a wall and slowly smooth it out while not being able to get as close to the wall as I'd like with the belly in the way, and the crib lol.


The finished product! Woohoo! A wee den for a wee babe! At the ready!

We are going to add some more on the wall over by his changing table - either another set of decals or perhaps some artwork, or maybe his name letters. Still up in the air about it but will decide soon! So exciting!

1 comment: