Pics to come since they are all on Mom and Dad's camera pretty much :) Maybe a preview here and there from my camera but I really didn't take many because a)I'm not happy with my camera quality and b)theirs were much more readily available
But to recap:
Dad arrived on Friday afternoon, he came into work and chilled a bit on his computer before we headed downtown for my lunch break (what a treat!). We went to a local place that J and I love and we even got cupcakes for dessert -- mmmm....cupcakes! I'm drooling just remembering it!
Then after work he picked me up and we met up with J (oh and got the mail - ANOTHER TWO packages for LC had arrived!). And we all went to a local pizza joint for dinner and to watch the March Madness basketball. Fun fun!
Saturday after a little bit of a delay (due to the plan and not the weather thankfully), Mom made it in safely and we picked her up (oh and I finally got that reduced fat blueberry muffin I had been craving for weeks - now hopefully it's out of my system!). And we headed on to our baby shower! Yep, a coed baby shower, complete with family and an a-dorable baby forest friends cake! (pics to come, I promise!)
And also, we checked out our nephew's glider since we're still in the market for one. We both loved it and as we were testing it out, Uncle M came in and said 'you like it...take it!' :) Serisouly!? Yes, seriously! We couldn't fit it in the car this go round but he said he'd bring it out to us soon which is SO very nice of them, and a huge relief for us!
After an amazing shower filled with BBQ, homemade mac n' cheese, homemade baked beans, cornbread, and delicious VANILLA cake (my FAVE), we opened a HAUL of gifts! Like seriously, SO MANY gifts! We felt so so loved and LC will be SO well dressed :)
But one of my most favorite gifts that we got (well all were wonderful), is this beautiful owl mosaic that my Mom made (at warp speed no less) for the baby's nursery! She put it together from President's Day weekend when she originally asked us about it up until a mere 4 or 5 weeks later when she carted it on the airplane with her.
Tell me you don't want this hanging in your baby's nursery! The parent and baby owl and a wee caterpillar and a ray of sunshine and two little trees and branchs, and tailfeathers and feet and horned owls and ohmygosh! I can't get over how perfect it is!
Sunday we did some touristy things and then came home and J made us a lovely meal! And we had leftover cake YUM!
Today, J went to work and Mom, Dad and I spent time wandering around downtown (we may have found some cute owl burp clothes and we may have bought them) and had lunch and some frozen yogurt for dessert!
Tonite it's off to childbirth class - 2 of 5 ! Going so fast!
More to come so stay tuned....

No comments:
Post a Comment