After The Great Crib Building of 2011, he tackled The Great Bookshelf Building of 2011. It originally started as a bookshelf that my Mom had purchased off of our wedding registry for J's birthday. However, after 5 hours on the Saturday we were supposed to pick up the furniture, frustration and sweating, and partially complete, he abandoned the project...to pick up .. and later assemble the nursery furniture (really just the crib, and we all know how that went). The day we got the crib up, he and Uncle M attempted the bookshelf again. Unfortunately, it seemed that there was a faulty part or something that was making it not work properly. We were able to swap it out for another shelf (they no longer sell the one we got originally)... and later this past week, J built that one...I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Clearly Rocky and Lambert are dying to get in on the action...not lol!

Um..some assembly required and he attempted this WHILE dinner was cooking. So I went between manning the kitchen and documenting his progress lol!

Voila! All done - and SUCH a proud J! Ohmygoodness!
Oh and all this took about maybe an hour, maybe!

All done and set up with stuff even! Goodness gracious - he is on a roll!
Speaking of being on a roll - we got a mobile for the crib from my Granny this past weekend - Thanks DeeDee!!! And at around 10pm the night we got it, we set it up, and by we, I mean J did most of it, I just put the brown cloth to cover the one part :) Hey, it's somethin'!

And all done, a mere 10ish minutes later!

Another proud moment for J! Gosh, they are coming a lot these days!
And ps - I totally think LC is going to be THE spitting image of J! Like no doubt in my mind! But we shall see :)
If he has red hair as well, I think I might burst!

No comments:
Post a Comment