Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's that you SEE!?

Wow! So yesterday was a normal day, got up, went to work, came home for lunch (it's my new thing, and I live 10 minutes away and I time it when 'Bringing Home Baby' is on so I can catch an episode and eat my lunch), and after I finished my lunch I was on the couch and LC started to move around (he loves his meals, he anticipates them and then basks in their glory afterwards). I put my hand on my belly to feel him move and then I took it off and looked down and could SEE him kick!!

AMAZING!

I don't know if it was a foot or an arm or a hand or a leg or a booty or what, but it looked just like one kernel of popcorn had popped in my belly! He did it several more times and I captured it on video on my phone. I sent it to J who couldn't really tell anything (I'll admit, I watched it and I couldn't see crap), and then I sent it to my BFF J who has a super fancypants phone - and she was able to SEE HIM!!!

Fortunately, later last night when we were sitting at Mission Control going over registry stuff, LC went at it again - and this time J stared intently at my belly and saw him!!! He said 'omg, the whole thing twitched!' It was the coolest thing ever!

And last night he read 'Home On The Range' to LC as his bedtime story, and he wiggled and kicked the whole time! J just placed his hand on my belly and read and felt our son move all about to the sound of his voice. At one point he gave a few swift kicks and J's eyes got all big but he kept reading, and then we both burst out laughing.

Once the movements get stronger I'm going to video tape it so that you all can see - it is too small to really pick up at this point - and later on this month, I'm quite certain that my family will be able to feel and see him wiggling about and I can't wait for that!!!

Oh and his hearing: amazing -- the garbage trucks woke him up this morning. I swear it is silent in our house and then the alarm (which is music) or the trucks go by and I feel him start to stir and bump around in there. Maybe he's a light sleeper huh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment