What does that stand for you ask? What's next on our list of course:
Doctor, Daycare, and Breastfeeding
Goes together nicely dontcha think!?
We need to find a pediatrician for LC - fortunately, J has been on that train and working for us and has it narrowed down to 3 in the area - one a recommendation from a family member, and two others he saw ads for in various local magazines.
sidenote: we have a divide and conquer mentality around here - with some things - other things we do 100% together - it's a good give n' take thing and I really like how it's worked out
Daycare - this one we are working on together - ideally we'd like to find a person who cares for babies in her home (instead of a Kindercare type of place, at least for now), I think that with my weird schedule it would be easier (and cheaper maybe), to sometimes only have him go 4 days a week when I have to work the weekends so he can be home with me on a weekday sometimes. Plus, maybe an in-home daycare would be more willing to jump on our cloth diaper train (or be more willing to try it at least - c'mon the Bum Genius 4.0s and FuzziBunz are basically all-in-one dipes anyway) :) So we have a list of websites with 'ideal questions' to ask daycare providers, so I need to sift through that, pick out what we want to ask, check availability, etc...well and find more than the ONE place we found in the area that is a home daycare, and/or prepare ourselves for the possibility of a more centralized daycare which in a brief search, J found to cost basically another month's rent. Eek!
who said kids were cheap!? certainly not me! haha.
And the 'B' is for Breastfeeding! Yep, I (we) are 110% committed to this lovely act of bonding and feeding our dear sweet LC. I have found the local La Leche League and am attending my first meeting next Tuesday night (had to miss the first one b/c I had to work late)! So I am looking forward to meeting some new ladies, and a wonderfully (well known to boot) support group! We have also signed up for a Breastfeeding Class at the hospital that meets once for 2 hours sometime in April (I guess they can teach you all you need to know in 2 hours hmm interesting).
I am hoping that I can find a mentor of sorts through the La Leche League so that I can have another woman to lean on and maybe come over when LC arrives to make sure that I am doing all that I can to make it work - if we are having difficulties.
In the meantime, my magazines and books have had several good articles about it and I've been reading up on the many roadblocks that mothers face, and hope to keep them in mind and keep plowing along if I hit any of them.
I figure if we are both committed to it (well, all 3 of us), and we solider on, we can get through -- and have a nice arsenal of creams, lotions, support pillows, etc to make it that much more comfy :)
Speaking of being comfy, if anyone knows of a particularly good tried n' true breastfeeding book, do let me know! If you know what I do for a living, you'd wonder why I am asking that question, but really, there are SO many books out there and for pregnancy I've found that What to Expect, Your Pregnancy Week by Week and The Girlfriends Guide (to pregnancy, baby gear, motherhood), to be the best sources for us - but haven't found that in the way of breastfeeding books just yet...and asking others who have been there done that is always a good way to connect right!? So leave me a comment if ya got one :)
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment