Monday, February 7, 2011

The time we traded in a 1975 carseat at Babies R Us

So Babies R Us had this great 'trade in' deal running this weekend (maybe longer, but we hit it up this weekend), where you could trade in a used crib, carseat, play yard, or high chair, and get 25% off of a (participating, and ours was) brand crib!

Sooo...we called up J's parents and asked what was still available in Nannie's attic. Two high chairs, baby cribs, and a carseat.....FROM THE 1970's!!!!

I seriously had my doubts that the 1970's carseat that we picked (high chair was rusted, cribs were too big to transport in our car, so the carseat was juuust right), would be accepted and we'd get the deal...HOWEVER...

J wiped the dust and grim off of the carseat that had been in the attic for who knows how long lol, we tossed it in the trunk, drove it over, and..

THEY TOOK IT!

WHAT!!!

And gave us a coupon that we used to get 25% OFF of our CRIB!!! A-MAZING!

I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of this carseat though :( It was SOOO old school and SO not up to today's safety standards, yet back in the 70s, I'm sure it was top notch lol! Ah how quickly standards and safety procedures change!

I am baffled, yet so excited that it worked!

1 comment:

  1. Sa-weet! That is amazing, you should have taken a pic of that thing.

    ReplyDelete