It was hosted at a really cute little restaurant in a little town not far from my hometown. My Grandma had rented out the top floor so we had it all to ourselves with a big table in the middle, a personalized menu, a homemade GORGEOUS cake, and family all around! Oh and some pretty sweet gifts for our little LC!

Great menu - and notice the chicken salad! Ooooh someone knows me well because I have been obsessed with chicken salad for WEEKS! I may have made myself 3 sandwiches over 3 days for lunch at work the week of the shower even ;) Needless to say, that's what I had! I tasted the shrimp salad too which was delicious - I had my fair share of shrimp on the trip home that's for sure - MMM that is some GOOD STUFF! LC enjoyed it too now that he can taste what I eat in his amniotic fluid - score!

The gorgeous, hand crafted, homemade cake - vanilla cake with some lemon and raspberry filling and spelling 'BABY' on each side - ooh and buttercreme frosting mmmm! To-Die-For! We got a huge hunk to take home so J could indulge, and he did, when we got home, and again at 11pm that night hehe.
And of course, the cloth diaper cake!

And some awesome gifts from the fam - a Bumbo seat and pack n' play and little lamb swing are being shipped - in fact, two of them have arrived, we just have to pick them up tomorrow!!! Wowee!
A few little gifts showed up at the shower so that was extra exciting!

These were signed by the author back when my brother and I were kids - and my Mom passed them down to our baby! We grew up on these books, and on the Chesapeake Bay so our baby will learn and love his roots and the water if I've got anything to say about it - fortunately J is in agreeance so long as LC is cooperative, we don't want to force him into the water before he is ready, but we certainly want him to grow to be comfortable in the ocean :)
And here is everyone at the shower - what a great family! We feel so lucky!

Such a great day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment