I signed up last month for a HUGE consignment sale in town - a special 'New Moms' presale before opening to the public! Last night, it finally arrived :) I printed my pass, J and I made a quick pasta dinner, and off we went,with our reusable bags as suggested by the sale coordinator. We waited in line (and discovered the laundry basket trick - where you just bring your laundry basket and load that up - hmmm duley noted). At 8pm sharp, the doors opened to let every pregnant woman and their husbands, friends, etc into the shop. It was like a mini warehouse really, lots of room to manuver etc. J thought it felt like we were going to some underground rave or something, I equated it to something more like the David's Bridal $100 dress sale. But really, it was nothing like either - not a mad rush of women or anything - I mean, we're all pregosaurs, how fast can we really move lol. It was leisurely and fun, but if you see something you like, snag it b/c 3 mins later you'll turn around and it'll be gone.
They had TONS of stuff - from clothes, to baby gear, to accessories, to strollers, to bouncy seats - you name it - they had it - even bottles (and I was tempted to buy this Breastflow bottle that I've been reading about / La Leche Leaguers reccommend) but I couldn't bring myself to purchase a used bottle. Maybe that's weird? Another post on this bottle later - we plan to BF but I'll have to go back to work and it seems this Breastflow is the best option because of the dual nipple system it has going for it.
At any rate, I had made a small list of things for us to look out for at the sale. J made a beeline for the baby carriers (he is TOTALLY into this which I adore!), and a moby wrap, since I've been kinda pining for one but at the same time nervous about the gazillion ways to wrap it. So we figure if we can find a cheap one, (they retail for like 50+ bucks), we can swing it and learn the ins and outs.
I darted around to wherever, baby hats, books, accessories. I turn around and there is J standing there, WITH A MOBY!!! FOR $20!!! A total steal! AND, coincidentally, it matches the Ergo carrier (for when they are a bit bigger, or newborn if you get the insert pillow) that we registered for! I think it was fate!
After foraging around a bit more, we called it a night and left with the moby and one of Vickie Iovine's books 'The Girlfriends Guide to Toddlers' - I adore her writing, she makes me laugh and tells it like it is :) (oh, that was $2! couldn't do better than that at the used bookstore even!).
So YouTube, here I come, break out the teddy bears, let's get practicing with the moby, and see how different it is trying to strap a screaming babe in there in a few months :) We can do it!!!!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment