Sunday, February 6, 2011

Guess what we did yesterday......?

ORDERED THE NURSERY FURNITURE!!! ::throws confetti in the air:: ::blows noisemakers::

As in the crib, tall dresser, changing table / dresser combo!!!

And a HUGE thank you goes out to the grandparents and great grandparents for chipping in on this great set for our dear sweet Little Cub!!!

In 7 to 14 days, Babies R Us will call us and tell us that our shipment has arrived - TO THE STORE CLOSEST TO OUR HOUSE - as in 10 minutes away (not 30 or 45) - it is a side-by-side store so there is an itty bitty piece of Babies R Us in the Toys R Us. Yaaay!!!!

So now the clock is ticking to get his nursery actually cleared out and ready for the furniture! I can help a bit, but really most of my stuff is still in boxes in the closet, so the stuff that is 'out'is J's and he has his own method to clearing, so I'll stay out of it and just come in when it's time to make it a nursery - although we have an idea of where we want each piece and where we want what on the walls etc :) Oh boy oh boy, this is SO exciting!

As I've said this whole time, this pregnancy, this baby, and this preparing constantly amazes me! Right when I think it will never get done, another piece falls right into place!

Exhibit A: I took a pregnancy test (um, several) and they kept coming up positive!

Exhibit B: We went in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks 3 days, AND WE SAW A BABY in there, with a heartbeat to boot!! (I like reassurances can you tell)

Exhibit C: LC started to move at a mere 14 weeks 6 days and I could FEEL it!!!

Exhibit D: I started to grow bigger, full of LC, who started to move more and more, so much so that OTHER PEOPLE could feel it too! (it's not just me anymore!)

Exhibit E: LC moves and other people can SEE IT! Without the hand on the belly! Little pieces of popcorn popping in there!

Exhibit F: I never thought we'd get the registry done, and now: It's practically completely finished!!! Especially after yesterday's jaunt to BRU where we scanned a few more things that we couldn't find online!

Exhibit G: We ordered the furniture, and it WILL arrive and the room WILL be ready for it! Wowee!

The miracle of life huh! It amazes me everyday! The teamwork that J and I have had that has grown thiiiiiis much stronger since we found out about the wee babe growing inside :)

Cheers: with water of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment