A great article came through from Fit Pregnancy (one of my personal favorite mags on pregnancy) on my Twitter feed today - all about nursing bras and it got me to thinking about bras again....(sorry Dad, this may be too much for you...I won't be offended if you or any other of my friends or family stop reading here...)....
I can wait....
Okay, ladies, you with me...
So I got to thinking, if I'm x-size now, and haven't changed in months, will I stay this size, or will I go up even more, and then back down when my milk comes in? How is a human supposed to prepare in advance for a change that you don't know if/when it will take place.
sidenote: I'm the type of person who likes to have backup toilet paper, and toothpase, and cheese stocked in the fridge, you know, a good inventory so I am never caught with nothing - in case you couldn't tell
So as much as I'd like to purchase another bra or two (I feel weird wearing a sports bra to work - haven't done it - but feel weird about it) and a nursing bra or two (have read and been told that Bravado nursing bras are the.way.to.go!) , I'm so darned scared that if I do buy it, I'll wear it, love it, and then 3 weeks later, bust out of it. Grrrrrr.
I guess I'll be content in my one nice bra for now and try not to complain so much about it on here lol.
I'm finally content with my maternity pants selection - J swore we would not be shopping for the entire 9 (10) months of this pregnancy, and we're not anymore :) It's a good feeling! Between borrowed shirts, pants for Christmas from Dad, and the pants we purchased at the beginning, I'm pretty set! Although I may need to go out and get a couple of summery shirts since my others may be too short once we hit that stage lol. But that's okay - everyone has sales :)
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am just now getting to the point of my clothes no long being adequate. I only have 2 maternity shirt and 2 maternity dresses. Everything else are clothes that I am hoping to *stretch* until the warmer weather comes - really loose and fun sundresses with high empire waists!
ReplyDeleteYou could go ahead and get one nursing bra - its not too expensive ($35) and that way you can have 2 bras in rotation....
most hospitals have a lactation dept that will fit you for an appropriate bra after the baby is born - you may want to buy one on your own and then wait and see what they suggest...and make sure that the breastfeeding will work out, too (i'm sure it will)!!
ReplyDelete