Yep, all of my cloth diapers and accessories (well, aside from the swing lid garbage can that I can find on my own in person), are ON THE REGISTRY!
ZOMG! FOR REAL! I HAVE DONE IT!
::round of applause::
I really feel like this is a big milestone!
From my researching days, to my 'universal add to registry button' on Amazon fights, to my 'quick email every Momma you know to ask about x,y,z, to my wow I think this will really work 'aha' moment, THEY ARE ON THERE!
2 dozen newborn sized prefolds (may be small for this potential hoss, but make great burp clothes and cleaning rags later in life) once he grows out of them
3 dozen small size prefolds (which he should grow into pretty quickly if he is the hoss that I think he will be)
6 Thirsties covers - 4 duo wrap style and 2 regular covers (good for bulk - i.e. loading up on inserts/doubler prefolds in case he is a massive pee-er or poo-er in the night) - all aplix, hook n' loop closure (aka: velcro, easy peasy!)
6 FuzziBunz one-size, pocket (yaaay) diapers (in an array of cute colors one being mac n' cheese!) all snap closures (heard they are better for when the baby gets older and figures out how to un-velcro the diaper hehe, gotcha covered my man!)
4 Bum Genius 4.0 one-size all-in-one (double yay) diapers (also in cuuuute colors), snap closure
2 Bum Genius 4.0 one-size all-in-one aplix (velcro) closures (because wanted to try it in all-in-one style)
So I figure it will be enough to get us started (especially for the whole prefold phase - at least in my head), and depending on our daycare situtation, 12 FuzziBuns / BumGenius may be all we need if we end up only being able to cloth dipe at home and on weekends / days off.
Either way, a nice lil stash to get started with :)
And we'll have SOME disposables on hand 'just in case' - in fact, my Mom bought us a pack of newborn (with a wetness detector - SO COOL) disposables for Christmas so the plan is, we get home from the hospital, use those, and then assuming his lil umbilical cord stump is not irritated, start in with the prefolds! Wowee!
Is anyone else excited about this besides us!?
Disclaimer: I hope this doesn't turn out like my whole smartphone debacle where I researched and was so impressed and then bought one, and a few hours later was face down crying on my bed because I didn't understand how to use it - lol - not really - really...but I'm confident and excited and willing to give this 110% for us and more importantly, for our dear sweet LC!. He needs softness on his new lil booty!
Disclaimer of my disclaimer: why do I always feel the need to justify myself to myself, ugh lol :)
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment