Saturday, January 1, 2011

V-O-L-S Go VOLS Go!

Sorry Dad, but it had to be said! J and I went to my first LIVE Vols game on Thursday evening! The weather was great (not too cold), we were bundled in sweatshirts, puffy coats and fleece blankets and hats and got settled in our seats to watch some LIVE football!

The game was wild, some controversial calls, some bad math (which btw, why is it that some of these football coaches have the math skills of me = BAD)! I just don't get it! They should know how to count properly! I'm getting over this 'too many men on the field' excuse that the coaches have been making a lot this season. But that's besides the point!

The game was fun, we were bundled up, and feasted on fries and chicken fingers :)

And the BAND -- WAS -- AMAZING! The 'Pride of the Southland' really knows how to get it done! And that was with ONE drum major (and a woman at that!). They did some awesome circle and moving formations that blew my mind (I have pics of each but since my computer isn't loading properly right now, I'm going to have to go back and add them in later).

The game had DOUBLE overtime and I'll be honest, by the end I was ready to go, people were frustrated, and I was tired. But all in all, it was a fun game!

And the Vols played the Tarheels who I also like! Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment