Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve

Dontcha hate it when you have a day planned and it doesn't go, well, as planned lol!? That happened to us yesterday and ugh, I was glad for the day to be over - we both were.

We had planned to sleep in - check.
We had planned to work on some home chores in the morning: laundry, breakfast, couponing, cleaning up, etc. - check.
After lunch we planed to go out and run some errands around town - here is where it gets crappy.

By the time 1:30 hit, and we were ready to leave the house, I was already tired, could use a nap, and feeling cranky. But, we went out anyway.

First stop, Marshalls - I had to make an exchange and that went well although I had to pay a bit more for my exchange but that's okay, was worth it.

Second stop, JoAnn's - a bust. We are still Christmas shopping for J's family since we haven't had an official get together with them and it appears that it will happen in piecemeal. Didn't find what we were looking for there, and both got frustrated, keeping in mind I was already dragging and tired.

Third stop, Target - a quasi-bust and where the wheels fell off really. Picked up a few small grocery items but then couldn't find all the accompanying coupons and I was getting crankier from walking all around the store. And really, who wants to be around someone cranky :( Not me! So we couldn't buy everything we wanted because we couldn't find all the coupons at the time and I knew I'd be ticked if I could have saved and didn't. Naturally, we found the coupons later so will make a trip back and it wasn't detrimental anyway.

At any rate, after that, we went home, I took a nap and J did some stuff around the apartment.

After that, we decided, hey, this day can still turn around, let's go out to a nice dinner and a movie (we had been dying to see Little Fockers). We booked our tickets online (and had to spend an extra $2.25 convenience charge! WHAT!). And then, at 5:30 (we thought it was early), we went out to Carraba's for dinner - and were greeted by everyone and their brother in an hour and a half wait to get in to a jam packed restaurant! The movie was at 8 so we waited for a bit and then went on to Plan B, since we were nowhere NEAR being called about an hour later. We headed over to one of our fave placed: Chipolte! Not the most romantic or gourmet meal, but it suited us just fine because there was no wait, and we both love the food! And secretly, it reminds us of our NYC days which I still miss, but know we made the right decision to move (as our wiggling baby reminds me every day :) )

Then we were running early, so we drove across the street to the theater and I picked up our tickets. We then went over to WalMart to try to knock out another errand before the movie - a bust. They didn't have what we wanted, so we'll have to check another one later. Then back to the theater where we had to wait 35 minutes to get into the (small) theater.

Oddly, we had fun playing air hockey and a few other video games during our wait time! I found out that J is a master at air hockey (and I am not very good at all darnit lol, but it was FUN). And J likes the nascar driving game, and the buck hunt (sorta like Duck hunt on nintendo) game!

The movie was okay, the baby was moving all around during it so s/he either liked it or was annoyed lol. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to the movements, but I love them nonetheless!

Then we headed home, watched a little bit of New York City's New Years Eve (where we discovered either our remote control is broken or the cable box is broken) and called it a night at 11:00.

Today is a new day, and while I'm thankful for yesterday despite its ups and downs, I'm glad today is a new day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment